International Women’s Day 2018
#PressforProgress is the theme for International Women’s Day (IWD) 2018.
This theme was chosen to highlight that we need to keep pushing for gender parity to maintain the momentum of previous IWD efforts and that we should not become complacent with the results thus far, as there’s still a long way to go.
As a digital tech agency with strong tech capabilities, we understand that our industry is predominantly male. We also acknowledge that we’re different to other organisations, in that many women in our team are in roles that are stereotypically ‘male’.
In our IWD 2017 blog post, we stated our commitment to continuing to provide a flexible work environment for our employees, particularly parents – enabling part-time work options and gradual transition to full time work.
We’re using IWD 2018 as an opportunity to reflect on what we’ve done to honour this commitment:
- We were the tech partner for the inaugural ‘The 3% Conference Australasia’ – an event that celebrates the value of women. We once again worked in conjunction with B&T by providing our event app to use at the conference. We received positive feedback from delegates and host Bec Brideson, founder of Bec Brideson Consulting and ECD of Venus Comms.
- Our CXO Emily has been approached to discuss managing a work-life balance as a mother to three daughters and a director in a company for the next 3% Conference.
- We have a diverse workforce. The women in our team have the following backgrounds: Filipino, Indian, Taiwanese, Columbian, Ecuadorian, Croatian and English, just to name a few.
Most importantly, our management team is still 60% female, and women make up 50% of the overall team.
In 2018, we will #PressforProgress and commit to maintaining a gender parity mindset. We will:
- question any lack of women’s participation
- identify alternatives that are more inclusive
- nominate women for opportunities
- always include and support women
- think “50/50” as the goal
Conn3cted are a digital technology agency that create beautifully designed digital products with a clear focus on a better customer experience.